25 g (1 oz) low-fat margarine
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tbsp chives, tarragon, parsley, each chopped
Grated rind of ½ lemon
8 Dover or lemon sole fillets
1 egg, beaten
4-5 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
1 tsp each cilantro, cumin and fennel seeds, lightly crushed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
125 g (4 oz) low-fat crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp dark soft brown sugar
2 green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
90 g (3 oz) creamed coconut, dissolved in 150 ml (1/4 pint) hot water
3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
1. First make the sauce. Heat the pan, add the crushed seeds and
stir-fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, peanut butter, sugar, chilies and coconut milk, stir
well and cook gently for 7-8 minutes.
3. Stir in the lemon or lime juice; transfer the sauce to a bowl and
keep warm. Clean the pan.
4. Melt the butter in a separate pan, add the shallot and cook for 1
minute. Stir in the herbs and lemon rind.
5. Cool slightly, then spread the mixture over each fillet.
6. Roll up each fillet, secure with wooden cocktail sticks, dip in the
beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs.
7. Heat the oil in the pan to 350°F, or until a cube of bread browns in
8. Deep-fry the fish rolls for 4-5 minutes, until golden. Drain on
kitchen paper towel and arrange on a warmed serving dish.
9. Serve the Sole Fish with Sate Sauce immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Protein 31 g
Fat 11 g
Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Cholesterol 193 mg